The holiday season is upon us. That means work should slow down, but mostly likely it won’t. So, if you’re like me, you’re trying to find time and energy to meet double your normal commitments. Well, the good news is that no matter how much we wish it wasn’t so, there are only 24 hours in a day. And we can’t do it all. My advice this week: Pick a happy, relaxing lane. That’s what my kids and I are doing . . . and I hope you’re able to take some extra time to unwind, too.
Need some ideas on how to enjoy a little down time?
- Hop in the car and find a local park displaying Christmas lights.
- Relinquish your phone or tablet to a trusted confidant.
- Find a comfy chair and a strictly-for-pleasure book—and use them.
- Go ice skating and enjoy a steamy cup of hot chocolate.
- Enjoy an afternoon nap.
- Play a board game (Monopoly is our favorite) with your family.
- Take another nap!
BEFORE YOU ACT . . .
Think back to those days when the workday ended at . . . oh, never mind. I think I hear Santa’s sleigh bells. Gotta go. Have a Merry Christmas, and watch for the next Spill the Truth on Dec. 30!