Change Your Perception on Corporate Communication
Melissa DeLay is founder and principal owner of TruPerception. She has more than two decades of experience helping executives, managers, salespeople and customer-facing professionals gain the skills they need to communicate with confidence, regardless of the situation.
With years of strategic and corporate communication experience – including senior positions with some of Minnesota’s largest and most influential companies – Melissa knows how to deliver the right words, in the right way to drive change, manage crises, boost engagement and build a stronger brand.
As a sought-after speaker, executive coach and consultant, she excels at changing the way people think about their interactions with others. Her focus on truth, clarity and positive perceptions has helped countless professionals become more effective, respected and influential communicators.
Awards & Recognition
- Author of The Truth about Scandal: The Everyday Guide to Navigating Business Crises
- Named one of the best business books for entrepreneurs for 2019 by Upjourney.com
- Minnesota Business magazine’s The (Real) Power 50 (2017)
- Featured in the Star Tribune and on local CBS and NBC news
- National appearances in Inc., Business Insider, MSN
- Senior corporate positions at 3M, Carlson Companies, Maytag and AmeriPride
- Coaching and consulting experience with dozens of companies including Ameriprise Financial and the State of Minnesota
- Experienced speaker and workshop presenter. Engagements include keynotes for the City of Minneapolis and RE/MAX Results; and workshops for the National Public Employer Labor Relations Association (Charleston, South Carolina), Centerpoint Energy and Andersen Windows
Melissa earned a M.A. in Organizational Communication from the University of Arkansas and a Mini Master of Business Communication from the University of St. Thomas. An Iowa native, where everyone tells it like it is, Melissa currently resides in the Twin Cities area and is the mother of two charming, money-back-guaranteed kids (the sweetest kids in the world). Melissa is an avid distance runner, 12-time marathoner and a self-proclaimed grillmaster. She also enjoys donating her time and talents to philanthropic efforts and was a National Association of Women Business Owners board member.