Keeping up with the breakneck pace of today’s 24/7 world is exhausting. So my advice this week is to disconnect from the grid and enjoy a mid-summer holiday week. That’s what my kids and I are doing, and I hope you’re able to take some extra time to refresh and rest up, too.
Need some ideas on how to unplug?
- Try a dip in the lake, rent a canoe or borrow a kayak.
- Relinquish your phone or tablet to a trusted confidant.
- Find a hammock and a strictly-for-pleasure book—and use them.
- Go for a long bike ride to your favorite ice cream shop.
- Enjoy an afternoon nap in a cool, breezy spot.
- Play ball, hide-n-seek, kick-the-can—anything non-electronic—with your family
- Take another nap!
BEFORE YOU ACT . . .
Think back to those fun summer days when you were a kid . . . oops, gottago. I just spotted a hammock with my name on it. Have a fabulous Fourth, and watch for the next Spill The Truth on the 8th!